“How can I get my mail?” and more FAQs
What are the hours for mail pick-up?
Currently, the best time for mail pick-up is Monday – Friday, 11 am – 6 pm. We strongly encourage you to schedule your pick-up time through the website or app or by calling (313) 379-7000. Call us when you arrive at our building on Shelby Street, and we’ll bring it to you curbside. Mail service times may be expanded and curbside service may change as COVID numbers go down.
How do I know if I have mail?
If you opened your Virtual Office account through iPostal1 or PostScan Mail, use their website or app to view your mail items and to direct us for handling. If you are a SpaceLab Mail or OpusVO customer, we send you a “Mail Call” email a couple times per month. The email includes a link where you can view the mail that has been inserted in your box.
When does the mail arrive?
We process mail and package deliveries Monday – Friday (usually starting at 3 pm).
How soon will my mail forwarding or scanning request be handled?
We aim to have your shipment and scanning requests completed within one business day.
What is a 1583 form and why do I need to complete one?
Although we can accept your mail as soon as you open your account, we must have your notarized USPS Form 1583 on file with your two acceptable forms of identification before we can distribute or handle your mail in any way. This form, required by the United State Postal Service, allows us to accept mail in your name and ensures that only you and those you authorize can pick up your mail or direct us in how to handle it.
What are the acceptable forms of ID that I can submit with my 1583 form?
Acceptable Primary ID must have a clear photograph of the mail recipient. Acceptable Primary ID‘s include:
• valid state-issued driver‘s license
• non-driver’s identification card
• U.S. Armed Forces card
• Uniformed Service ID card
• U.S. permanent resident or other identification issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
• U.S. certificate of citizenship or naturalization
• Identification card issued by a federally or state-recognized tribal nation (tribal identification card)
• U.S. passport
• U.S. passport card
• foreign passport
• corporate identification card of a corporation located and organized in good standing in the U.S.
• university identification card
• Matricula Consular card (Mexico)
• NEXUS card (Canada)
Acceptable Secondary ID’s include:
• current lease
• mortgage or deed of trust
• voter or vehicle registration card
• a home or vehicle insurance policy
• a utility bill
• a Form I-94 Arrival and Departure record
Unacceptable ID‘s include: Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates.
How long will you hold my mail?
We can hold your mail and packages in your box as long as your account remains current. However, mail held longer than 7 days may be subject to storage charges.