We welcome you to SpaceLab and plan to send you home safe and well..
BUILD. CREATE, INNOVATE. SAFELY.
This preparedness and response plan for SpaceLab employees, members and guests complies with Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s (MI) most recent executive order to protect Michigan workers and Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration (MIOSHA) and Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity’s (LEO) COVID-19 Guidelines for Offices. The information in the plan will be modified if, and as, subsequent orders are signed by the Governor and as MIOSHA, LEO and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines change and are updated, so that we remain in compliance.
In THE 607 Building:
- Face masks/coverings are required to enter the building and must be worn in all common spaces. (Per State of Michigan Executive Order 2020-153)
- Sanitization stations are posted at building lobby and first floor elevators.
- Social distancing and other reminder signage is posted in the lobby and in other areas of the building.
- Large groups of people are not allowed to gather in the lobby of the building.
- Each member and guests entering the workspace must complete a self-screening form. The form for your first visit only has a few questions. The form for subsequent visits is even shorter.
- SpaceLab members, employees and visitors may be subject to temperature checks with a digital no-touch forehead thermometer.
- Read and adhere to all signage.
- Face masks are required, as per Michigan Executive Order in all common areas. No one will be allowed to enter space without a face mask.
- Floors have been marked for traffic flow and to allow distance at possible choke points.
- Six-foot social/physical distancing should be maintained. Desks and other seating in the open work area are reconfigured to allow for safe distancing while working.
- All desks in the open area are numbered. Those with Flex Desk memberships will be asked to schedule their work time. We will work with Flex Desk members so that they occupy the same desk space each time they come in to work.
- Members must schedule conference room use. Our protocols require that we clean all meeting rooms after each use.
- High-touch surfaces have been marked with brightly colored dots. Employees and members are encouraged to use an elbow, wrist or forearm at these surfaces.
- Building management or SpaceLab staff will clean high-touch surfaces at least twice during the day. This is in addition to evening janitorial cleaning. Disinfecting spray and or wipes will be available for use by members and guests.
- Use the refrigerator minimally. There are to be no fabric lunch bags stored in the refrigerator. The refrigerator will be emptied at the end of each workday.
- Everyone is to wash their own dishes or place them in the dishwasher. As always, the dishwasher will run every evening.
- Guests are to be escorted directly from the reception area to a meeting room or member’s office, then back to the reception area or the building lobby.
- Seating capacity for each meeting room has been reduced and will be indicated upon entry to the room.
- Coffee and other available beverages will be served in disposable cups with lids at the front desk only by SpaceLab staff. Ceramic mugs and other dishes are gone.
- If a member or employee is identified with a confirmed case of COVID-19:
- Immediately notify the local public health department, and
- Within 24 hours, notify any SpaceLab management, co-workers, contractors, or suppliers who may have come into contact with the person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. The member/employee with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 will be allowed to return to SpaceLab only after they are no longer infectious according to the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and they are released from any quarantine or isolation by the local public health department.