Governor Gretchen Whitmer (MI) issued a Stay Home, Stay Safe order for all non-essential businesses that took effect, Tuesday, March 24 at 12:01 a.m. It will be in place for at least three (3) weeks in response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
SpaceLab is currently closed for most business activity. However, as a postal agent, we will continue to process mail from the downtown location. We ask all Virtual/Mail customers to schedule mail pickup between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 313-379-7000 or email email@example.com to schedule.
As always, Members with a keycard or keyfob still have access at both downtown and Seven Mile Road locations should you need to retrieve something. Use your best judgement when entering the space, as regular daily cleaning activity has ceased. Cleaning products and hand sanitizer are still in the space for your use.
There should not be any meetings or gatherings taking place at the downtown or Seven Mile locations.
Additionally, Day Passes have been suspended at both locations until further notice.
As current events and messaging about COVID-19 evolve, we continue to monitor and implement recommendations by government and health officials. We understand how difficult this time is as you continue to operate your business. Please email Bobby or me if you need assistance in any way, and we will do our best to help. See our Support Resources and Events pages for more information.
Karen A.D. Burton
Co-founder and CEO
As current events and messaging about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) evolve, we continue to monitor and implement recommendations by government and health officials, practicing social distancing, postponing live events or taking them online, and following the preventive measures outlined on our website and posted in our offices.
We know that many in our community may be experiencing disruptions in work and regular daily life. As small business owners ourselves, we understand that the current conditions may be especially difficult for SMBs, entrepreneurs, freelancers and remote workers. While we are taking precautions, SpaceLab’s coworking spaces, offices and meeting rooms remain open for our members and guests. However, we are implementing the following changes for the foreseeable future:
- Members with a keycard or keyfob will still have access to desk and meeting space and assigned private offices at both downtown and Seven Mile Road locations.
- Virtual/Mailbox members are asked to schedule their pick up times, either by calling the reception desk or using your mail app.
- Day Passes for the downtown location are available for download through Eventbrite. We have decreased the number of passes available each day to allow for social distancing (six feet to 10 feet between coworkers).
- Day Passes have been suspended at the Seven Mile Road location.
- Meeting rooms for small teams are available for rent, and private offices are available for short-term lease. Call 313-379-7000 or use the “Apply” button on our website to contact us for a reservation.
Our offices are cleaned each evening by a professional cleaning team, disinfected at mid-day, and meeting rooms are disinfected after each use.
SpaceLab wants to keep you connected to a business and urban innovator community. Watch our event calendar for upcoming online events and presentations.
Wishing you health and prosperity,
Co-founder and CEO